Visual Studio 2005 ETA?

Denaes

I havnt found an ETA orther than "Early 2005". Does anyone have anything better than that?

Hi Denaes,
I read that Beta 2 would be released towards the end of March, and the final product should be expected around the end of summer. I dont know the source of that information, but I suppose well find out about beta 2 by the end of this month.

As far as I know, theres no word on this from Microsoft (at least not publicly).

Beta 2?

I havnt been following up much on the express or studio betas, but what Ive used was top notch and performed better than 2003 did with a better interface and features.

Are there any major known bugs in Beta 1?

Im surprised that I couldnt google any of this information up. ::Jinxed so that someone will show up and proove me wrong::

Im looking into the MSDN Universal Subscription and dont mind playing around extensively with these great betas but it really ties a knot in learning ASP.Net when my server doesnt have 2.0 yet .

Beta 2 will have a GoLive Liscense!? Right on!

2.0 is downloadable off of Microsofts website, so Ill start using VB.Net Express again :D

Both the technical preview and the Express products are pretty buggy, in my opinion. Ive done some pretty standard stuff and it craps out on me with "Catastrophic Error" in a messagebox. Yikes!

I havent installed any of the newer betas, other than the Express product. Still looks very promising, but too early/buggy for me to do any real work or invest much time yet.

-ner

Nerseus said:
Both the technical preview and the Express products are pretty buggy, in my opinion. Ive done some pretty standard stuff and it craps out on me with "Catastrophic Error" in a messagebox. Yikes!

I havent installed any of the newer betas, other than the Express product. Still looks very promising, but too early/buggy for me to do any real work or invest much time yet.

-ner

Really? I havnt had it crash yet.

The only thing Ive noticed was the "tutorial" to work with the DVD collection application which opens buggy (it doesnt always add the picture, year, description, etc into the database) and uses a whole load of custom controls. I think like 4-6 created for the application and the VB.Net Control Pack.

$800?? So that means it will be about 500-600+ in England i expect. Now let me think......500-600 delivered or 5-10 from the market..... Tough choice.....

Jay1b said:
$800?? So that means it will be about 500-600+ in England i expect. Now let me think......500-600 delivered or 5-10 from the market..... Tough choice.....

Isnt it more like 300-400 pounds?

Isnt it more like 300-400 pounds?
$800 = 439 + Everything cost more in Britain = 500-600

For example:
PC at Dell.com is $399 = 219
PC at Dell.co.uk is 329 = $598

They are the same model, but the UK one does come with a 80gb hard-drive compared to the USs 40gb hard-drive. That accounts for about 30/$55 worth of the difference. That still makes the UK one $150 more expensive.

Software is also regularly priced like this, but i cant think of any easy examples.

That is impossible if you ask me. 2003 - 2005 is too big of a jump in technology to be offered for $29 like 2002 - 2003 did, which was not really a big breakthrough.

Just fyi, I noticed this posted on Jurgen Postelmanss blog on MSDN (dated today, 17th April:

Jurgen Postelmans said:
Seems that the MSDN people are uploading Visual Studio 2005 on the MSDN Subscribers Downloads site. Apparently they are posting the following versions:

* Visual SourceSafe 2005 beta 2
* Visual Studio 2005 Standard Beta 2
* Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition Test Load Agent Beta 2
* Visual Studio 2005 Team Foundation Server Beta 2
* Visual Studio 2005 Team Suite Beta 2

Hopefully we can start the downloads real soon now :)
[link]

Back