Great Book: Head First Design Patterns

Denaes

This is a great book! Its entertaining, uses images, normal text/situations - it actually stimulates your brain to make things fun. It uses learning technologies/techniques to make information come alive and stick in your brain.

This is actually a Java book, Ive been using it for VB.Net. The C# code for it is like 98% identical. Ive only taken one semister of Java (and trust me, not much sunk in :D ) and Im having no problems translating it to VB.Net.

Im actually taking all the Java code they have and retranscribing it in VB.Net.

So far Ive learned some advanced OOP priciples (interface programming) and the Observer pattern. Im working on the Designer Pattern now.

Ive known what interfaces were for a while, but I didnt really know. :eek: I thought interfaces were just about enforcing programming practices between teams... I had no idea how cool they could be in exhanging classes in collections and for extending classes dynamically at runtime...

Its like Im starting to think I can understand Divils tutorials soon!

Im only on chapter 3 right now - not entirely sure how to implement the Decorator Pattern, but it looks useful. This is the sort of book thats just cool to read :)

Back