Why do you program... what do you like about it?

realolman

Why do you program?

Have you always been satisified with your results, or is it a thing where you will never be satisfied?

What is the meaning of life?

(just kidding about the last one )... ( unless you happen to really know! )

1. I think its really fun. Ive always loved math and programming lets me do math and accomplish things at the same time. Thats one reason. Another is that it feels really good to have created something.

life ( P ) Pronunciation Key (lf)
n. pl. lives (lvz)

The property or quality that distinguishes living organisms from dead organisms and inanimate matter, manifested in functions such as metabolism, growth, reproduction, and response to stimuli or adaptation to the environment originating from within the organism.
The characteristic state or condition of a living organism.
Living organisms considered as a group: plant life; marine life.
A living being, especially a person: an earthquake that claimed hundreds of lives.
The physical, mental, and spiritual experiences that constitute existence: the artistic life of a writer.

The interval of time between birth and death: She led a good, long life.
The interval of time between ones birth and the present: has had hay fever all his life.
A particular segment of ones life: my adolescent life.
The period from an occurrence until death: elected for life; paralyzed for life.
Slang. A sentence of imprisonment lasting till death.
The time for which something exists or functions: the useful life of a car.
A spiritual state regarded as a transcending of corporeal death.
An account of a persons life; a biography.
Human existence, relationships, or activity in general: real life; everyday life.

A manner of living: led a hard life.
A specific, characteristic manner of existence. Used of inanimate objects:

I program because I love it. (simple :D)

As to the question of satisfaction. No, not really. I can always see that there is a way to improve my code, and when I dont know how to improve it, I still know there is a way and I will get to it at one point. Neverending vicious cycle.

I love it because its me solving a problem in a useful way. I can see the results myself. Its also potentially a career or a good skill to have in a related career.

Im never satisfied, especially with the appearance.

I just love the 30th of every month.....its by far the best bit about programming.

Since spending all day programming, the amount I program for fun has declined considerably.

Jay1b said:
I just love the 30th of every month.....its by far the best bit about programming.

Since spending all day programming, the amount I program for fun has declined considerably.

I agree on both points... except I like the 30th AND the 15th of each month. ;)

Why do I program? To make games and otrher stuff that keeps me entertained.
What do I like about it? It strengthens your abilities in math and (micro) logic.

One thing I love is the fact we do what Not many people do. We sit down and simply, and I mean Just... Think. The other day I was seated in a sofa in the Living room in my parents house alone in the dark (well it just happen that the light was off). You know I was thinking about a program. My mom pass along and totally ignorant and amazed said: What are you doing?. When I told her I was thinking, well that was reason enough for speding the whole day laughing about it and making jokes like if it was something out of this world.

About the meaning of life, come on, its pretty obvious and I suppose you all know that is 83.

This is my job .

When somebody pay you to do something that you love to do... That make me very happy.
About meaning of my live :to make VB more popular around me
I love VB ,hate Delphi but Now work with C#

I feel satisfaction while seeing other people finding my programmes useful. :D

Also, I like using my brain, as marble_eater.

Programming is the backbone to world businesses. And like marble_eater, I like to use my brain. I like the idea that I am creating something that other people may find useful. but all in all, I love to code, I see everything in code, ever application, game whatever.

Programming is incredibly empowering to me. I do it mostly for a living now and very little just for fun but that doesnt mean that programming isnt fun for me anymore. In fact, I like it more than ever. Im just able to fulfill my fix for it during my day job which gives me a way of seeing how the rest of the world lives when they are not working.

I have a decent number of people who depend on the software Ive written to do their day to day job. When I see them using something Ive created, and I know they are happy with, it makes me feel good.

Back