VS Express 2005 Beta 2 Error

3xodus

Hi,

Ive had a quick look around MSDN and the Visual Studio 2005 sections, but havent found any information on this yet, but I have an error with C# 2005 Express beta 2.

This is the error:
[Broken External Image]:http://www.3xodus.net/images/vs2005beta2error.JPG
I followed the instructions on perparing the installation if you had pre-beta 2 products installed on your PC to the letter.

The error occurs (as you may have guessed from the error) when I try to load a form in design mode.

Does anyone have any information or suggestions?

Thankyou.

PS. I should also point out that I have re-installed several time, once from the web-installer, and three times from the .img which is almost 500MB - each time I followed the instructions for removing all pre-beta 2 products, re-booted, then re-installed.

Edit: I guess it may be useful to add as much info as I can -
I used "Daemon Tools" to mount the .img
My PC: AMD Athlon64 3400, 1GB RAM
My OS is Windows XP Proffesional
VS 2003 and C# 2005 beta 1 both worked flawlessly.
and for what its worth, the installation seemed to work fine. No errors there at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I did, every time I tried to install I went through the entire list, rebooted, and tried again.

Im having network problems at the moment, but as soon as thats sorted, Ill try to install the C# beta 2 on my second machine, which is recently formatted and has no Visual Studio / .NET Framework related software installed whatsoever. If that does work, then Ill backup my boot drive on the main PC and format -> reinstall Windows.
Its the only thing I can think of, since I cant find anyone else with this problem, and no information about it on MSDN.

As much as I liked beta 1 and would like to see beta 2, if I cant install beta 2 after formatting and reinstalling Windows I think Ill just wait untill I can buy the final version.

Thanks anyway :)

Back