SQL Server Licensing with ASP.NET

Jay1b

Could somebody please give me an idea of the method of licensing for SQL Server?

I intend to install SQL Server on a machine, which is also running IIS6 as a webserver. This machine will host ASP.NET pages that access the database, no machine will access this database except through ASP.NET. The number of users that access these ASP.NET pages is extremely large - although they will access it only very rarely. (1 server would be sufficient).

I am based in the UK, but i am sure the licensing would be same in the US. So could someone please give me a rough idea?

Ive looked on the MS site, but i dont know what category this would fall into.

Thanks.

Jay1b said:
Could somebody please give me an idea of the method of licensing for SQL Server?

I intend to install SQL Server on a machine, which is also running IIS6 as a webserver. This machine will host ASP.NET pages that access the database, no machine will access this database except through ASP.NET. The number of users that access these ASP.NET pages is extremely large - although they will access it only very rarely. (1 server would be sufficient).

I am based in the UK, but i am sure the licensing would be same in the US. So could someone please give me a rough idea?

Ive looked on the MS site, but i dont know what category this would fall into.

Thanks.

Its all here: http://www.microsoft.com/sql/howtobuy/default.asp

Basically youd buy a license per processor, rather than per user.

Back