Computer Problem

lothos12345

I have a computer on the network that will only respond when it is searched by computer name. When I type in the computers IP address the computer is not found, however when i enter its name its found, however when I click on it and try to access it, it rejects me saying that I may not have permission. The network is a DHCP network. This is the only computer giving me problems not sure why. It was working fine, now all of a sudden I can not get access to it and its IP address is something I cannot search by. Not sure why. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Are you sure you are using the correct IP address? If you go to the computer in qustion anf run ipconfig /all from a command prompt does the IP match? Try pinging it by name from another PC - does it display the coorect IP?

yes

Everything is correct, we have a theory that the computers nic card is falling sleeping. Is there a way in VB.NET to WAKE the Network card. If so could you provide a programming example? Any help offered is greatly appreciated.

Back