Question on Pausing

laroberts

I am doing a TelNet deal with VB.NET however I am having one issue, the user name and password is getting sent to fast. How can I slow it down or make the program wait for the telnet to ask me for the user name and then password? Code below:

Private Sub TelnetGuiApp_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
m_Socket = New ASOCKETLib.SocketClass
m_Constants = New Constants
m_Socket.Protocol = m_Constants.asPROTOCOL_TELNET

Host For FTP Location
Dim TXT_HOST As String
TXT_HOST = "library.uah.edu"
m_Socket.Connect(TXT_HOST, 23)
TXT_RESULT.Text = m_Socket.LastError.ToString() & " (" & m_Socket.GetErrorDescription(m_Socket.LastError) & ")"

User Name For Host
Dim TXT_COMMAND As String
TXT_COMMAND = "guest"
m_Socket.SendString(TXT_COMMAND, 1)
TXT_RESULT.Text = m_Socket.LastError.ToString() & " (" & m_Socket.GetErrorDescription(m_Socket.LastError) & ")"

Password For Host
Dim TXT_PASSWORD As String
TXT_PASSWORD = "5345"
m_Socket.SendString(TXT_PASSWORD, 1)

End Sub

Is there a synchronous function you can call on the socket that will wait for those requests to be received? Otherwise, you could just call Thread.Sleep to add your own delay, although hard coding a delay is not the most desirable method.

Not sure

Yeah I tried the thread method but that really did not work, I was thinking I could do some kind of timer or something but I am not sure how I would do it.

If you wanted to use a Timer you would have to put the code that sends the UserName and Password in a separate method that you could call from the Timers Tick event handler.

Back