VS2005 Flexgrid Control... where is it?

Denaes

I kept hearing on these and other forums that VS2005 would have a flexgrid, yet I dont see a flexgrid.

The Flexgrid (or a fully featured grid control) is very important for doing most business apps, so Im not sure why VS (having VB in it) wouldnt have a flexgrid.

I have some projects I want to get going on that I was waiting for 2005 Pro to come out to work with - then I realized that my old (2003) ComponentOne controls wont work with 2005 and I have no grids to work with.

I think Im going to have to continue to work on them in 2003 until I get a spare $700* (and a customer base interested in the applications) to pay for a 3rd party grid solution.

::sigh::

If you register Visual Studio 2005 (or an Express Product) You get an Infragistics mini-pack of like 6 controls, two of them ASP.Net and most of the controls are ones that people (as far as I know) arnt really interested in. The only interesting one I see is the wintap (configurable tabbed display control).

* note that the $700 price is just my ballpark guess after looking at ComponentOne & Infragistics websites. There might be another company with a good quality, but inexpensive grid control. Im just have an extreme affinity for the ComponentOne FlexGrid. I love that control.

QT might be worth looking into. You get a lot of cool stuff with that. The official toolkit is for C++ but there is also an independent port for C#.

Back