.NET Pro 2005 Bugs

Jay1b

Anybody found any bugs?

So far ive found that the little description window in the bottom right hand side seems to hide and show itself randomly. And that pressing Save All has a 25% chance of resetting my computer. (The icon has now been removed).

Jay.

You can read my major issue in the following thread: http://www.computerhelp.forum/showthread.php?t=95292. The final post in the thread contains a link to Microsofts bug tracking site, where you can post and search for bug resolutions.

Other than the VB XML memory leak, I havent had any major issues. The only other one Ive come across is a minor one, and I might not even call it a bug. When closing a form that is in design mode (particularly a form with lots of controls), it almost looks like Visual Studio is tabbing through the controls on the form before it closes. The controls start wiggling around. It was a little scary the first time I saw this, I thought it was going to crash and lose my changes, but it didnt.

Overall, I think 2005 is a great product. Ive been very happy with the new functionality. I really like the GridView and the DataSource objects. They make it really simple to throw together a web site for working with a database. I just really wish theyd get the VB XML comment fix out sooner rather than later.

Todd

lol @ Cassio...

Oh so very very true. I think the minimum spec should be something like a 3hz processor with 2 Gb of RAM. It will be great in a year or so though, when my computer is that much faster.

Cassio said:
IMO the greatest bug is the slowness when working with big web projects. :o

I am only just starting to work on web projects in 2.0, so my projects arent huge by any means, but so far my 512 meg of memory 1.7ghz Pention laptop is doing alright in terms of speed.

If my projects outgrow my laptop then I may have to resort to a desktop unit and then just RDP into it. Sorry, I love the mobility of my laptop :)

Back