content-transfer-encoding: base64 vs quoted-printable SMTP and .net framework 2.0

markm75

Howdy,

Im hoping someone may know the answer to this.. I am using .net 2.0 frameworks smtpclient class object from System.Net.Mail namespace to send emails in a C# application.

It seems that when the email gets sent, it sends it with base64 encoding, though my body of the email is actually encoded using System.Text.Encoding.UTF8;

This works fine to read the body in Outlook or to use webdav commands, but when I try to use my pop3 class objects, which I found at: http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/despop3client.asp It fails to see the email as multipart and the body is actually just a string of characters like "DFDFKDJ343DFDF" etc.

Does anyone know of a workaround on .net 2.0 class object to make the content-transfer-encoding quoted?

Hopefully this is understandable as to what Im asking and having trouble with, as Im new to the .net c# arena when it comes to building custom email apps...

Thanks

There has to be a way to tell the pop client what encoding to use when downloading. Im not sure right off the top of my head but Im sure that it must exist.

Back