Persistor.net

I was going to look at the home page and see what it was all about until it threw a few popups at me and one of em tried to force a download on me.

Huh, I didnt get any popups or anything attempting to get me to download on their site. Funny.

The concept looks rather interesting, but I think the sticking points would be price and/or performance.

That would not work at all (as I read it described) for the project Im working on now, which so far has about 50 tables and is only maybe 1/10th the project (estimated about 400+ tables when done) and so many are used with multiple other tables.

But if it were as easy as it says and inexpensive Id use that for some personal projects.

Theres a persist-objects-and-collections to sql database table example that I have posted in the code library on the sister site that may be use to you. Its not ORM but a half-way house...

If it were up to me fully, most likely.

I much prefer custom objects that I have 1000% control over. Every event, every wiggle, every add, etc.

Instead my company went with the TypedDataSets because theyre super fast to get set up, you have a good (if tricky and sometimes shadily documented) control over data and it hooks up fast/easy to databinding controls.

Really in the most important matters they would both do what is nessicary, so I lost my objects :p

Just saw the prices... At over a thousand US dollars, that exceeds my hobby program price limit :P Funny how the price is in Euros, but the number formatting isnt european?

Denaes said:
Just saw the prices... At over a thousand US dollars, that exceeds my hobby program price limit :P Funny how the price is in Euros, but the number formatting isnt european?

Im sorry, thatsfor the Professional version. There is a free standard version Im going to be checking out within the next week at home.

Back