Windows API help

bri189a

Im trying to do some work that calls native methods...a lot of time I can find an example somewhere that will help me to know what the values of constants and the such are (such as MB_OKCANCEL)...but many times I cannot.

Is there a source to find these values when they are not on MSDN or in the PSDK?

Thanks

I think ApiViewer 2004 should do the trick. It includes a list of constants and their values, and presents them in the syntax of your choice (VB6, VB.NET, C#, etc.).

I usually use http://www.pinvoke.net/index.aspx.

But the platform SDK (PSDK you mentioned?) should cover all defines related to regular use. Youll have to wade through some (probably a lot ;) ) .h files to find the correct define, but most things are in there. (Dont use the windows built-in search, it is reproducibly crap when it comes to searching for text in files. :rolleyes: )

But there is also a directX development kit, driver development kit and probably some other development kits as well. Havent tried any of them so I dont know what is in them (just documents / tools, or also actual definitions / code files ). I dont know what sort of information you are looking for, but it might be in one of these other development kits.

Back