Ads are causing squashed posts

MrPaul

Can the advert listings which are now inside posts be modified so that they appear above or below the post itself, rather than alongside? Posts are squashed and it makes code extremely difficult to read properly. Horizontal space tends to be at a premium.

See screenshot below.

Ive never seen one of these ads before. All Im getting is the banner up top and the box on the right (the same when Im logged in and not).

Re: Threads with ads

Huh. I hadnt seen any of those until just now, but there they are. Well, I certainly find that to be a problem.

Thanks for saying something about that, MrPaul. Ive noticed them for a while and just assumed it was something we had to live with to get the message board.

Im ok with the ads - sometimes they are even helpful! But I dont like having to work around them quite that much.

I dont mind them either, but since they squash the code blocks it makes it difficult to use [see attached]

Even if they were taking up the entire first few rows that would be fine, I dont mind reading them and scrolling down to the content...

I just dont like horizontal scrolling...

Surely the relevance of the ads make up for the inconvenience, after all if you are writing code to take a screen shot then you are almost guaranteed to want a new screen saver and a reel of bailing cord...

The arrows were intended to illustrate the side by side nature of the ads as opposed to the stacked block style that I find much more readable [and apparently from this thread Im not the only one ;)].

Back