RSS Reader

Diesel

Hi,

Ive developed an RSS aggregrator for Windows. There are dozens of RSS readers out there already, but this one uses a different philosophy. It doesnt bombard you with information, the interface was well thought out, and there is no maintenance at all, unlike the current generation of readers that alert you to delete posts everyday.

Im in need of a beta audience. Its completely functional right now, but there may be some minors bugs and tweaks to make. Any feedback at this stage will immediately effect the product.

Check it out at: http://www.realsimplenewsreader.com

Bug Fixed.

The program has an auto update feature. It checks for updates when you start the program, downloads them and installs them when you exit the application. So, you can let the program update itself, meaning it wouldnt be updated until you start it a second time, or you can download the newest version.

You dont have to manually uninstall the previous version when installing a new version.

Thanks for the feedback.

Oh, I also noticed a bug when creating a newspaper with a user added feed, it always add it to the Misc section. Im fixing it now.

If I might ask, how did you emulate the Office 2007 look/feel is there a smiple way to do this? or did you have to manually generate that look and feel.

Also, what version of the framework are you using? is it WF or WPF?

I used .Net 2.0 in order to have a low initial adoption cost. Almost everyone has .Net 2.0 as its installed with XP, but very few people have 3.0/5.

The UI was created using DevExpress controls, which I highly recommend. Their service is great too.

Check out the memory allocation, its very low compared to other readers. The DevExpress controls have some really efficient allocation techniques.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back