Windows App webbrowser using VPN

netrunner

I have a windows app that uses webbrowser control, it works fine at the corporate office, we now have a branch office with a VPN. Their VPN allows them to access the internet on their internet connection, not thru our VPN. I want them to use my app, but I want all internet traffic generated by my app to go thru the VPN and use our gateway. The traffic needs to go thru corporate, since they know OUR gateway IP address and will now allow the branch to use their local internet connection.

thanks

Im not sure how your VPN is setup; but as long as your webbrowser control only access content available INSIDE your network at the main office, the VPN will tunnel the traffic through the VPN.

If the web content the control is viewing is freely available on the internet then there is not much you can do progromatically to prevent this.

If this is a security concern, you should have your network team run tests from the branch office and use their monitoring software to make sure that your applicaiton does go through the VPN.

I did find code that will add a proxy and then remove it when they close my app. Then the network admin informs me that we dont have a proxy server, we are using juniper device... so is there a way for my windows app to force all its network traffic to a specific gateway? That gateway would be back at corporate, thru the VPN. By doing the proxy way, if the user uses my app and then also uses IE, he would be going thru our VPN for all his traffic, so I wouldnt want to do that way, but I guess we could have another browser installed.. Firefox.
thanks

If the browser isnt configured to use a proxy then running multiple browsers will have no effect, changing the users default gateway is doable but not something I would recommend as this would result in all traffic being routed through your corporate network.

Back