This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect

Trips

Hi, I am just starting programming using Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition. I have had some limited practice in other languages and older versions of C++, so I have some idea whats going on but not much...

Anyway I made a short program which perfroms a bubble sort on an array of numbers which the user enters (I know its nothing to write home about but its a start), it works fine on my PC and when I sent it to a freind who also had VC++ 2005 Express Edition it worked fine for him.

However I then sent it to a freind without it (in a fairly poor attempt to persuade him to download it) , and my program didnt work on his PC giving the error: "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect". I was wondering if there was anything I could do to make it work on PCs without VC++ (and I think the .NET framework or something, that is with it), or if they have to have the above programs for it to work.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Ashley.

View the full article

Back