Context sensitive help doesnot work for HtmlHelp()

EDN Admin

<p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt <span style="font-family:Calibri <span style="font-size:small Hi,
<p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt <span style="font-family:Calibri <span style="font-size:small
<p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt <span style="font-size:small <span style="font-family:Calibri I am developing a MFC application. I started developing this application in Windows Xp but later got migrated to Windows 7. (That is when my miseries started
<span style="font-family:Wingdings L<span style="font-family:Calibri
<span style="font-family:Wingdings L<span style="font-family:Calibri )
<p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt <span style="font-size:small <span style="font-family:Calibri Anyways, let me explain the problem:
<p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt <span style="font-size:small <span style="font-family:Calibri
<p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt <span style="font-size:small <span style="font-family:Calibri In Windows XP:
<p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt <span style="font-size:small <span style="font-family:Calibri I run the application and press F1. F1 is used to display the help page for the particular software.
<p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt <span style="font-size:small <span style="font-family:Calibri For my software I had a file named MyHelp.hlp and whenever I used to press F1, this file used to get displayed.
<p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt <span style="font-size:small <span style="font-family:Calibri Also, I had set Help IDs for different screens using SetHelpId() function so that when I am in a particular screen and press help, the help would recognize the Help
ID and display help related to that particular screen. I call this context sensitive help.
<p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt <span style="font-size:small <span style="font-family:Calibri Everything was file till hereâ
<p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt <span style="font-size:small <span style="font-family:Calibri
<p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt <span style="font-size:small <span style="font-family:Calibri Later,
<p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt <span style="font-size:small <span style="font-family:Calibri In Windows 7:
<p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt <span style="font-size:small <span style="font-family:Calibri I use the same application and when I pressed F1 to display the help file, it was not getting displayed.
<p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt <span style="font-size:small <span style="font-family:Calibri Later I learnt that Windows 7 does not support .hlp help files and so I migrated to .chm.
<p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt <span style="font-size:small <span style="font-family:Calibri I even avoided the use of WinHelp() to display the help file but used ::HtmlHelp() to display the CHM format help file.
<p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt <span style="font-size:small <span style="font-family:Calibri But here, I am unable to perform context sensitive help operation.
<p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt <span style="font-size:small
<p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt <span style="font-size:small <span style="font-family:Calibri The code snippet is:
<span style="font-size:x-small <span style="font-size:x-small <font size="2 <font size="2
::HtmlHelp(0, pApp->m_pszHelpFilePath, HH_DISPLAY_TOC, NULL) ;
</font></font><font size="2

</font>
<span style="font-size:small <span style="font-family:Calibri
<p style="line-height:12pt; margin:0in 0in 0pt <span style="font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:10pt Thanks,
<p style="line-height:12pt; margin:0in 0in 0pt <span style="font-family:Arial,sans-serif; color:gray; font-size:10pt Sudipto Dutta

View the full article