Porting an ASP.net application from winxp to windows 7 64 bit

EDN Admin

Hi All,
we have a web application (with a server component running as windows service and web app deployed on IIS) that I need to port to a 64 bit OS.
I copied files to a windows 7 utlimate 64 bit machine. Installed the server component service, and started it with no issue. Opened up the web module in VS2008, over came couple of small issues and compiled the web application, AdminWebUI.dll file was compiled
correctly.
Started the browser and pointed to the web app, index.aspx where no database calls (Via server service component) are made, page is loaded. I enter login credentials and it fails. On windows event viewer I see following error
Message : Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {CE32ABF6-475D-41F6-BF82-D27F03E3D38B} failed due to the following error: 80040154.<br/>

I have tried the following:
Change the "Enable 32-Bit Application" to true in IIS Application pool [No success]
I looked up the registry and found out that the above key was under this entry
CAPICOM.HashedData
This caused me to think about re-registering Interop.CAPICOM.dll, however I have not been able to do this I get the following error
"The module Interop.CAPICOM.dll was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found ...."
Just for the heck of I created a new file using following command<span style="color:blue
<pre><span style="color:blue tlbimp capicom.dll /namespace:CAPICOM /out:Interop.CAPICOM.dll[/code]
And then tried to register that, but still no success, get the same error as above.

Then I recompiled both server and web module for x86 platform, server module compiles fine and runs as service fine,copied and re-referenced server modules assemblies in web app, recompiled and point the browser to index page, this time around web app can
not find related assemblies, what ever I did I always get run time errors that one or the other assembly (these assemblies are module from the server service) was not found.
Can some kind soul take a shot and help me out with this?
Thanks

<span style="color:blue <span style="color:blue <br/>
<br/>
<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

View the full article

Back