VB6 application that connect to MS Access 97 not working in Windows 7

EDN Admin

Hi All,
I have a VB6 application (.exe files) that connect to MS Access 97(.mdb files), but do not have the souce code(Im just a user, not a developer). This application is running find in Windows 98, but then when I upgrade my PC to Windows 7, the application
throwing an error when I tried to login.
The error message stated as follows : "runtime error 429 : ActiveX component cant create object".
I then do a research and found out that the application might have a reference to Data Access Object 3.5, so I get this DAO350.DLL from my old PC and install it(regsvr32) in my Windows 7.
Now when I tried to login, it is giving a different error message : "Runtime error 3633 : Cant load DLL : MSJTER35.DLL".
I did the same thing, took the dll from my old PC and tried to install it on my Windows 7, but however I was greeted with the following error while trying to register the dll into registry : The module "MSJTER35.DLL failed to load. Make sure the binary is
stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files. The specified module could not be found".
I hace checked the file and it is exist in the folder and I did run the regsvr32 in a cmd by using run as administrator, but still it did not work. So it might have a problem with the DLL or it might not be compatible with my Windows 7.
Any advise or suggestion on what I can do to make this application running in my Windows 7?
Many thanks for the answers.

View the full article

Back