Connot show designer after building project

EDN Admin

<p style="line-height:normal; margin-bottom:12pt <span style="font-family:Verdana,sans-serif; font-size:9pt A program that I wrote in VB.NET using 2010 express almost 3 years ago suddenly throws the following error when I attempt to enter the designer
to update it (I wasnt allowed to add the image in, but its a warning message):
<p style="line-height:normal; margin-bottom:0pt
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%" style="width:100%
<tbody>
<tr>
<td style="padding-bottom:0in; background:white
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%" style="width:100%
<tbody>
<tr>
<td style="padding-bottom:0in
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0
<tbody>
<tr>
<p style="line-height:normal; margin-bottom:0pt <span style="font-family:Verdana,sans-serif; font-size:9pt  

</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<p style="line-height:normal; margin-bottom:0pt <span style="font-family:Verdana,sans-serif; font-size:9pt Instances of this error (1)

</td>
</tr>
<tr style="height:3pt
</tr>
<tr>
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0
<tbody>
<tr>
<p style="line-height:normal; margin-bottom:0pt <span style="font-family:Verdana,sans-serif; font-size:9pt 1.

</td>
<p style="line-height:normal; margin-bottom:0pt <span style="font-family:Verdana,sans-serif; font-size:9pt Hide Call Stack
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<p style="line-height:normal; margin-bottom:12pt <span style="font-family:Verdana,sans-serif; font-size:9pt at System.ComponentModel.TypeDescriptor.TypeDescriptionNode.GetRuntimeType(Type objectType)<br/>
at System.ComponentModel.TypeDescriptionProvider.GetRuntimeType(Type reflectionType)<br/>
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.MultiTargetingContextProvider.GetRuntimeType(Type objectType)<br/>
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.HandlesClauseManager.GetFieldType(String fieldName, Type documentBaseType)<br/>
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.HandlesClauseManager.GetReferencedComponentType(String componentName, CodeTypeDeclaration codeTypeDecl, ITypeResolutionService loader, IDictionary&amp; cache)<br/>
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.HandlesClauseManager.ParseHandlesClauses(CodeTypeDeclaration codeTypeDecl, Boolean updateCache)<br/>
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomParser.OnMethodPopulateStatements(Object sender, EventArgs e)<br/>
at System.CodeDom.CodeMemberMethod.get_Statements()<br/>
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.TypeCodeDomSerializer.Deserialize(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeTypeDeclaration declaration)<br/>
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomDesignerLoader.PerformLoad(IDesignerSerializationManager manager)<br/>
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomDesignerLoader.PerformLoad(IDesignerSerializationManager serializationManager)<br/>
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.BasicDesignerLoader.BeginLoad(IDesignerLoaderHost host)

<p style="line-height:normal; margin-bottom:12pt <span style="font-family:Verdana,sans-serif; font-size:9pt  
<p style="line-height:normal; margin-bottom:12pt <span style="font-family:Verdana,sans-serif; font-size:9pt The help link provided goes to a blank page that I’m not allowed to link yet:
<p style="line-height:normal; margin-bottom:12pt <span style="font-family:Verdana,sans-serif; font-size:9pt  
<p style="line-height:normal; margin-bottom:12pt <span style="font-family:Verdana,sans-serif; font-size:9pt I tried to copy all the code over to a new project and reconstruct the designer. This seemed to be working OK, but the form is complex (its an
automated tester for 4 different data modems from 4 different manufacturers), so each has their own controls and it took me too long to finish in one sitting. But when I re-opened the new project this morning, the error was back.

<p style="line-height:normal; margin-bottom:12pt <span style="font-family:Verdana,sans-serif; font-size:9pt What seems to have triggered this malfunction is accidentally hitting the &quot;Build Project&quot; button in the debug menu yesterday. I dont
know why this would bring up the same error in an entirely new project though. In the almost three years that Ive been using VS2010, Ive apparently never hit build. (Last time I used it was in VS 2008) I always use &quot;publish&quot; to publish the
project somewhere. What could cause using &quot;build&quot; to break my project that works fine with Publish, and is not recoverable even if I start over?
<p style="line-height:normal; margin-bottom:12pt <span style="font-family:Verdana,sans-serif; font-size:9pt Also, in the error log (which is full because apparently none of my designer objects exist anymore), I get this:
<p style="line-height:normal; margin-bottom:12pt <span style="font-family:Verdana,sans-serif; font-size:9pt Warning 1 Value cannot be null.<br/>
Parameter name: objectType  0 0 
<p style="line-height:normal; margin-bottom:12pt <span style="font-family:Verdana,sans-serif; font-size:9pt Those 0s are line and column numbers. This isnt much help in finding the problem either.
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>