Error at converting XML to String

EDN Admin

I am trying to convert an XmlDocument to string so I can use in my transformation, but I get Illegal characters in path. exception.Dim loadedXmlDoc As New XmlDocument()
load the xml string taken from the database
loadedXmlDoc.Load("C:UsersmyXmlFile.xml")
Dim stringifiedXmlDoc As String = loadedXmlDoc.OuterXml
Dim stringifiedXmlDoc As String = loadedXmlDoc.InnerText
Dim sw As New StringWriter()
Dim xw As New XmlTextWriter(sw)
loadedXmlDoc.WriteTo(xw)
Dim stringifiedXmlDoc As String = sw.ToString()

load the stylesheet
xslt.Load(xr)
xslt.Transform(stringifiedXmlDoc, "C:UsersgkDesktopnewXTilbud.xml")
So, you see I tried 3 different ways of converting the XML document to string and everytime I get the same exception. On the other hand, when I put the XMl file directly into the .Transform() method, it works completely fine. Like this:
[background=transparent]xslt[/background][background=transparent].[/background][background=transparent]Transform[/background][background=transparent]([/background][background=transparent]"C:UsersmyXmlFile.xml"[/background][background=transparent],[/background][background=transparent] [/background][background=transparent]"C:UsersnewXmlFile.xml"[/background][background=transparent])[/background]
But I need it to be as a string object, because I am actually acquiring the XML from a database as string. This here is just test class. So in the main program I cannot load the XML document directly from the physical file into the .Transform() method.

I tested saving the stringifiedXmlDoc to another XML document, to check for some syntax mistakes, but it is completely the same, as the original one.

View the full article