Access to data of array while I have its name as string

• Thread starter Thread starter salmasa150
  • Start date Start date
S

salmasa150

The problem is as following.

First, I have 21 arrays named: integer abee1, abee2, ... , abee20 and myarray all with the same dimension of [51][4]. Next, in a loop of 20 circles, I fill myarray with random integers then copy it into abee1-20 (each one per iteration). Then, for each array (abee1-20), I want to calculate sum of all numbers in second column as cost of that array and store it in the a new array called arrayCosts[20][2] ( char arrayName, int arrayCost)- the name of array in the arrayName column and cost of that array into arrayCost column . After that, I want to sort arrayName based on the cost and extract the 3 top array with lowest cost. I know that I should do a search in the array to find these three. Finally, copy these three into 3 new array called elite1, elite2, elite3.

Please help me at least in the main point I do not know what to do.

1- The following code is for making the sting name of abee1-20 in string made in each step of the loop.

for ( cc = 1 ; cc < 20; cc++)

{ string String = static_cast<ostringstream*>(&( ostringstream () << cc) )->str();

string array_name = "abee"+ String;

I want to use array_name (for example in the first loop which array_name is “abee1” ) for reaching the abee1 (whcih is a filled array) after dong a search in the array called “arrayCosts”. This search retrieves the name of array but it is string and I want to have the array with the same name.

Continue reading...

Back