WRITING A SIMPLE POINT OF SALE SOFTWARE FOR A TOOL RETAILER.

• Thread starter Thread starter VISHWAS RAJASHEKAR
  • Start date Start date
V

VISHWAS RAJASHEKAR

Hi there,

I have decided to create my own Point of Sale system for a medium size company that sells tools such as hammers, spanners,etc. using microsoft visual basic express 2010

It is very simple and has the key stock control features.

This is how i want it to work:

the user inputs the barcode of the item into a text box. The windows form is linked to a Microsoft Access database with all the item records like item code (barcode), item description, current stock, price, etc.

i would like the system to locate the item based on the code entered from the database stored on a local computer running windows xp.

the item name and price should be retrieved and displayed in labels. then the price should be automatically calculated after adding a fixed value of value added tax.

the user will input the quantity and the final price for that item should be displayed.

These fields should be read only so the salesperson cannot alter the amount to be paid.

Next, the user will click the "next" button which will update stock records by subtracting the quantity from the total value in stock. and will create a message box which says "stock levels have been updated".

then, the user closes the pop up and clicks the"reset"button which should reset the form.

THIS IS 1OF 2 FORMS. THE ONE ABOVE IS FOR WHEN A CUSTOMER BUYS ONLY 1 ITEM.

the second one USES DATA GRID VIEW to create a table with all the different items purchased. the number of different items that a customer can buy is around 10 or 20.

The second form will do the same function as above but in a grid view. and it must also give a final total at the end.

otherwise, the rest of the functions are the same.

i need help with accessing,displaying, and editting database records in real time on a centralized database.

and i need assistance with performing calculations in data grid view.

PS: I AM A COMPLETE BEGINNER IN VISUAL BASIC, WITH ABSOLUTELY NO EXPERIENCE IN PROGRAMMING. I HAVE MANAGED TO CODE FOR THE SIMPLE SINGLE ITEM CALCULATIONS AND THE DESIGN, BUT I AM STUCK.

Thanks for any assistance provided to me

Vishwas

please feel free to contact me for any further information at vishuscorpio26@gmail.com.

thanks again

Continue reading...

Back