When extending intellisense functionality in Visual Studio through the Visual Studio 2017 SDK, is there a way to access a list of all comments within

• Thread starter Thread starter ChristopherGriffith
  • Start date Start date
C

ChristopherGriffith

I suspect that Visual Studio already tracks the comments within the project, or at the very least might have a place I could hook into when it identifies a line of code as a comment.

My goal is to use intellisense to help enforce a specific way of formatting comments which is also context dependent upon previous comments within the project, thus my need to either have have an existing list of comments that already exist within the project and a means to perform some handling when a piece of code has been identified as a comment. I'd like to avoid replicating any existing functionality if at all possible, so it would be helpful to know if either of those things are already existent within Visual Studio in a way that I could utilize them for this extension of intellisense.

I couldn't find anything when looking through the SDK documentation, but it's entirely possible I missed something.

Continue reading...

Back