tcp secure connection error

• Thread starter Thread starter Enterprise Library msi not found
  • Start date Start date
E

Enterprise Library msi not found

Hi I am new to Ssl. I am trying to connect to a rules engine via tcp secure connection. The rules engine server has CA certificate call it "rulestest.cer". These are the steps I am following:

1) I copied the rules engine certificate and installed it on my laptop in the Trusted Root Certification Authority directory in mmc

2)connect to rules engine with server ip and port: this step succeeds.

3) create sslStream : this step also succeeds.

4) the error occurs at sslStream.authenticateasserver("rulestest.cer") :connection was forcibly closed ...

I found Ssl Server\Client application in msdn and tried to experiment with it : the server console application part creates a X509Certicate2 from rulestest.cer. And in the client part I provide the same rulestest.cer as in step (4). I run the client on a new instance of visual studio. I get error:SSL server mode must use a certificate with the corresponding private key.

Honestly I do not understand exactly how tcp ssl works. My understanding is that when a client connects the listening server will pass a certificate to the client. If the client has that same certificate then it can send encrypted messages to the server.

What I do not understand is the private key on the client side.How it is created and used.

Please show how I can get this console app work so that I get better understanding of the process.

Continue reading...

Back