cannot configure Test Agent (2017). System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): No such host is known

• Thread starter Thread starter Justin T. Bartels
  • Start date Start date
J

Justin T. Bartels

Good morning,

I am receiving the following error when trying to configure a test agent to attach to a controller:

Failed to register this test agent with the test controller. Connection to the test controller xxxxxx:6901 failed because either the test controller is inaccessible or the service is not running.

CreateControllerObject: attempt 2, System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): No such host is known

I have seen several threads regarding this error and none seem to have helped with the issue. I can telnet from the computer hosting the agent to the controller PC on port 6901 so it does not appear to be a firewall / network issue. I have set my hosts file to include my machine name as well as the FQDN with no change. I also tried (for test only) using the IP address of the controller both with and without a specified port and it still reports "No such host is known" which is strange because it seems like it is trying to lookup an IP from DNS. Controller and Agent hosts are both on the same domain. I have configured the user security per documentation (TeamTestControllerAdmins, TeamTestAgentService). Visual Studio test manager will successfully connect locally to the controller. Visual Studio is not installed on the test agent host so I cannot tell if VS would connect from that host to the controller. Also, I tried configuring the agent from a different server with the same results.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Justin Bartels

Continue reading...

Back