The designer could not be shown for this file because none of the classes within it can be designed.

• Thread starter Thread starter Kasmar45
  • Start date Start date
K

Kasmar45

Hello VS experts. :) :)

First let me say that I am just learning how to use Visual Studio.

I am getting the error listed in the title of this post. Let tell you exactly what I did to get the error.

I created a Windows Forms app. The first time I did this I had 4 labels on the form. I needed to interrupt what I was doing so, I thought to save my project. When the was done I received the above error. I am using the express version of VS2017. I have done this many times with VS2015 with no problems. I thought well, maybe it was because I had 4 labels on the form, so I did it again, and put nothing on the form. I wrote a small bit of code to run during load and it worked just fine. I can load it, I can debug it,, I just cannot save it. I googled the main error and found another very similar that said form1 could not be designed because it was not the first class in the file. What in the heck does that mean. What file are they talking about. I simply created a VB app. I am going to try to remove VS2015 again.. I did have a little problem uninstalling it. Then I'm going to try again. If I still get the error I am going to load VS2017 in my VM and see it runs there. If anybody can help me with this error.. I would greatly appreciate it.

Continue reading...

Back