Using Package Manager nuget while Offline

• Thread starter Thread starter DreamU
  • Start date Start date
D

DreamU

Does Manage Packages for Solution try to access the internet even when no online package source is checked?

I have downloaded approx 50 packages from nuget.org and copied them to a machine which does not have internet access. Then I have created a package source pointing to the folder containing those 50 packages. I simply cannot scroll through the list of packages in the Manage NUGET Packages for Solution left hand window. It takes about one minute for the first four packages to appear. The scroll bar does not respond. Clicking on a package does not display the package in the right hand window, rather the wait cursor continues to display. Note that the ONLY package source selected is the local folder - the nuget.org source is not checked. It feels like package manager is trying to get out to the internet but I don't know where else to tell to stop doing that.

When I do this on a machine connected to the internet, but selecting only a local folder package source with 50 packages, everything works as expected with no wait cursor.

Continue reading...

Back