What Symbols Are Defined In A .DLL And .LIB File?

• Thread starter Thread starter a_unique_name
  • Start date Start date
A

a_unique_name

Hi Folks:

Developing on Windows 10 Pro in VS 2017 Community, WIN32, no MFC.

I'm in the habit of collecting code I write into static libraries. I'm not familiar with the details of DLLs. Of course I use DLLs from others.

I'm trying to use Botan crypto as DLL. The build looks like it's working, but I might be missing something when building Botan.

When I try to build the application I'm getting a lot of:

6>d:\utilities\code\windows_files\headers\botan\locking_allocator.h(35): warning C4251: 'Botan::mlock_allocator::m_mutex': class 'std::mutex' needs to have dll-interface to be used by clients of class 'Botan::mlock_allocator'

6>c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio\2017\community\vc\tools\msvc\14.14.26428\include\mutex(83): note: see declaration of 'std::mutex'

6>d:\utilities\code\windows_files\headers\botan\locking_allocator.h(36): warning C4251: 'Botan::mlock_allocator::m_freelist': class 'std::vector<std::pair<size_t,size_t>,std::allocator<_Ty>>' needs to have dll-interface to be used by clients of class 'Botan::mlock_allocator'
6> with
6> [
6> _Ty=std::pair<size_t,size_t>
6> ]

Or I might be missing something I'm missing when building or linking the app that uses Botan.

Botan.lib and the path to botan.lib are referenced in the link section of the project's properties.

Botan.dll is in the same folder as the application's executable.

Suggestions?

Thanks
Larry

Continue reading...

Back