Graphics with indexed pixel format run time error

• Thread starter Thread starter Btb4198
  • Start date Start date
B

Btb4198

ok so I have two video cameras that my software is using. The 1st is a computer webcam. when I connect to and run this code:

Bitmap currentFrame = videoSourcePlayer.GetCurrentVideoFrame();
Graphics g = Graphics.FromImage(currentFrame);

g.DrawImage(currentFrame, videoSourcePlayer.imagex, videoSourcePlayer.imagey, videoSourcePlayer.imgWidth, videoSourcePlayer.imgHeight);
pictureBox1.Image = currentFrame;
return currentFrame;

the webcam works fine. I am able to copy my zoom and pan, just fine.

but when I connect to the other cam and run the same code, I get this error : HResult=0x80131500 Message=A Graphics object cannot be created from an image that has an indexed pixel format. Source=System.Drawing StackTrace: at System.Drawing.Graphics.FromImage(Image image)

so I tried this code :

private Bitmap CaptureScreen()
{
Bitmap originalBmp = videoSourcePlayer.GetCurrentVideoFrame();

// Create a blank bitmap with the same dimensions
Bitmap tempBitmap = new Bitmap(originalBmp.Width, originalBmp.Height);

// From this bitmap, the graphics can be obtained, because it has the right PixelFormat
using (Graphics g = Graphics.FromImage(tempBitmap))
{

g.DrawImage(originalBmp, videoSourcePlayer.imagex, videoSourcePlayer.imagey, videoSourcePlayer.imgWidth, videoSourcePlayer.imgHeight);
pictureBox1.Image = originalBmp;
return originalBmp;
}
}

that code fix the runtime error, I get but is get rid of my zoom and pan. I do not know why? but I do have a zoom and pan function that works with the 1st code block but not with the second.

how can I fix the A Graphics object cannot be created from an image that has an indexed pixel format runtime error but keep my zoom and pan?

Continue reading...