Send Key to Mumble from within vb.net application to mute/unmute microphone

• Thread starter Thread starter k7s41gx
  • Start date Start date
K

k7s41gx

Hey All,

I am having an issue sending a specific key (home) key to mumble (voice chat client) that mutes/or unmutes the microphone for speech. I am not sure how or why this isn't working as mumble allows me to click this button in any application or system as long as mumble is loaded. For example I can click home while running my application and it will unmute so I can talk and then clicked again will mute so others can't hear me. I am looking for my application to be run in a keyboard less environment (as in a touch screen pc for instance). I am trying to get a picture box to allow me to click and hold to either simulate hitting the home key or as a push to talk button. Code below. I have (with help) figured out how to simulate key presses, but these DO NOT leave the current application or hook into mumble's running application hooks.

Private Sub PictureBox4_MouseDown(sender As Object, e As MouseEventArgs) Handles PictureBox4.MouseDown

My.Computer.Keyboard.SendKeys("{HOME}")

End Sub

Private Sub PictureBox4_MouseUp(sender As Object, e As MouseEventArgs) Handles PictureBox4.MouseUp

My.Computer.Keyboard.SendKeys("{HOME}")

End Sub

Continue reading...

Back