Creating 45 variables and properties for CRUD program

• Thread starter Thread starter Christine25
  • Start date Start date
C

Christine25

Hi, I'm new in OOP world, I've been using functional paradigm in vb past 5 years
and I have a task to link a vb form to a table which has got 45 fields.

It's a Form with Textbox, <g class="gr_ gr_35 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="35" id="35">comboxbox</g>, <g class="gr_ gr_37 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling" data-gr-id="37" id="37">richtextbox</g>... and all of them is a total of 45 fields.

As I learnt OOP, the book told me to always follow the below 4 steps,
and I always do so when I write a small program in OOP, but today I have many fields (45).

Below is the step I use :

1. Create 45 variables (private)

2. Create 45 properties (public - I can go for Auto-Implemented one to make it easy)

3. Create a method to store those 45 properties into the table/database

4. Create an object for the instance using "New Keyword"...

My concern is now to know if going the way I usually do is right? or maybe there's another way.

Note that I won't be able to understand <g class="gr_ gr_38 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="38" id="38">advanced</g> concept now, as I'm <g class="gr_ gr_39 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="39" id="39">newbie</g> in OOP.

I also heard about Interface (I) and I tried to understand it but still don't get it right...
as they said, when you want to create <g class="gr_ gr_47 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins doubleReplace replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="47" id="47">interface</g>, they ask a question, "What do they have in common<g class="gr_ gr_51 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Style multiReplace" data-gr-id="51" id="51">" ?</g> but <g class="gr_ gr_48 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="48" id="48">still</g> don't get it right??

I usually use Qt/C++ and the best thing with Qt is <g class="gr_ gr_42 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" data-gr-id="42" id="42">it's force</g> you to use OOP when you're writing code but VB doesn't.

'Variable declaration

Private variable1 as string
Private variable2 as string
Private variable3 as string

Private variable45 as string

Continue reading...

Back