Preparing Command Windows for XP/2003 CL Compilation

• Thread starter Thread starter hector santos
  • Start date Start date
H

hector santos

I am currently using VS 2015 for the building our large platform. Many projects, many exes, many dlls and many legacy non-GUI cli tools that we compiled over the years since VS98 (VC6).

With the projects that were built with VS98 (*.DSP) and converted to VS2015 (*.VCXPROJ), in order to make the binaries work under XP/2003, I have the Platform Toolset set for "Visual Studio 2015 - Windows XP (v140_xp)" These compiled binaries work on XP/2003 for my remaining customers using XP/2003.

My problem?

Compiling the remaining non-project, non-ide tools (no *.vcxproj file, just makes, batch files) via the command line and I can't seem to figured out what is is the proper CL options, the LINK options, the environment variables in order to prepare compilation to support XP/2003 loads.

What is missing from the VS2015 installation is a Start Program Icon for:

"VS2015 x86 Native Tools Command Prompt (v140_xp)"

That will open and prepare a command window with the proper environment variables for LIB and INCLUDE and other any specific build environment variable.

Can someone point in the right direction to get a proper set of vcvars*.bat and basically give me a link with the basic and minimum requirements to get a CL compile for XP/2003 binary support? Don't give me a link that explains how to do this via the IDE. I already have that. I need it for general purpose CL command where many CLI tools are made outside the IDE and the binaries need to work for XP/2003 as well.

Thanks

Hector Santos, CTO Santronics Software, Inc. Santronics Software, Inc.

Continue reading...

Back