Publish Solution with multiple projects

• Thread starter Thread starter Netronics365
  • Start date Start date
N

Netronics365

I have built a solution with Visual Studio 2017 that has 5 projects. Projects are start, pistol, rifle, accessories, and household items.

in the start solution, i have Form1 that simply has 4 buttons.. Pistol, Rifle, Accessories, and Household Items.

I am able to click each button to open its Form1... In each seperate Form1, I have a panel with 8 labels, and 8 text boxes,

below these, is a DataGridView. below the DataGridView is 4 buttons, New, Edit, Cancel, and Save.

When the form1 initially opens, the panel1 enabled = false; until i click on 'new' then the pane1 is enabled.

In test mode this all worked perfectly...

I have a reference to each in the 'start' solution.

when i try to Publish...all goes well,,,,

but when i try to install the application, I receive an error...

1>------ Skipped Build: Project: Rifle, Configuration: Release Any CPU ------
1>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
2>------ Skipped Build: Project: Accessories, Configuration: Release Any CPU ------
2>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
3>------ Skipped Build: Project: Household, Configuration: Release Any CPU ------
3>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
4>------ Skipped Build: Project: Pistol, Configuration: Release Any CPU ------
4>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
5>------ Build started: Project: Start, Configuration: Release Any CPU ------
5>CSC : warning CS8012: Referenced assembly 'Pistol, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' targets a different processor.
5>CSC : warning CS8012: Referenced assembly 'Accessories, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' targets a different processor.
5> Start -> C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\FootLocker\FootLocker\bin\Release\FootLocker.exe
Building Start...
6>------ Publish started: Project: Start, Configuration: Release Any CPU ------
Connecting to 'C:\Users\Admin\MSDN\Publish\'...
Publishing files...
Publish success.
C:\Users\Admin\MSDN\Publish\
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 4 skipped ==========
========== Publish: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

above is the build info...

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 10.0.17134.0 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.42000
System.Deployment.dll : 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
clr.dll : 4.7.3362.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
dfdll.dll : 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
dfshim.dll : 10.0.17134.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)

SOURCES
Deployment url : file:///C:/Users/Admin/MSDN/Publish/FootLocker.application
Application url : file:///C:/Users/Admin/MSDN/Publish/Application%20Files/FootLocker_1_0_0_16/FootLocker.exe.manifest

IDENTITIES
Deployment Identity : FootLocker.application, Version=1.0.0.16, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=78841a616cf2467e, processorArchitecture=amd64
Application Identity : FootLocker.exe, Version=1.0.0.16, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=78841a616cf2467e, processorArchitecture=amd64, type=win32

APPLICATION SUMMARY
* Installable application.

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of C:\Users\Admin\MSDN\Publish\FootLocker.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Reference in the manifest does not match the identity of the downloaded assembly Pistol.exe.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [4/5/2019 10:20:39 PM] : Activation of C:\Users\Admin\MSDN\Publish\FootLocker.application has started.
* [4/5/2019 10:20:39 PM] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
* [4/5/2019 10:20:39 PM] : Installation of the application has started.
* [4/5/2019 10:20:39 PM] : Processing of application manifest has successfully completed.
* [4/5/2019 10:20:46 PM] : Found compatible runtime version 4.0.30319.
* [4/5/2019 10:20:47 PM] : Request of trust and detection of platform is complete.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [4/5/2019 10:20:47 PM] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (RefDefValidation)
- Reference in the manifest does not match the identity of the downloaded assembly Pistol.exe.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.ProcessDownloadedFile(Object sender, DownloadEventArgs e)
at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.DownloadModifiedEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, DownloadEventArgs e)
at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.OnModified()
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()
at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState, X509Certificate2 clientCertificate)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDependencies(SubscriptionState subState, AssemblyManifest deployManifest, AssemblyManifest appManifest, Uri sourceUriBase, String targetDirectory, String group, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl, Uri& deploymentUri)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.

above is the error i receive when i try to install the application...

I have gone to each solution to make sure it is for 64 bit...

Can Someone give me direction?

Can this be done? I have worked on this for a while, and feel i am missing some little something....

Any direction will help..... if you have a better way to do what i am trying to do?

Thanks in advance!!

Continue reading...

Back