installation of VS 2017 professional does not update the VS environment variables

• Thread starter Thread starter alinik64
  • Start date Start date
A

alinik64

Hi,
I intend to use VS 2017 professional to be able to compile UDF codes in Fluent flow solver. For that purpose, I have acquired VS2017 pro and have had IT people of my company install it on my machine.
Apparently, I cannot compile any codes in Fluent environment although the product was installed according to the guidelines listed in the instructions obtained from ANSYS. Also, various SDK versions and .Net products were installed as well.
After hours of investigation, we learned that I am missing some very necessary variables.
When I look at my Visual Studio Command prompt window and type : set it will list the variables. I am missing some very necessary variables. I should not have to add these manually, they should automatically be populated in that Window so Fluent can find the compiler and the SDK it needs

Some that are missing are:

WindowsSdkBinPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\

WindowsSdkDir=C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\

WindowsSDKLibVersion=10.0.16299.0\

WindowsSdkVerBinPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\10.0.16299.0\

WindowsSDKVersion=10.0.16299.0\

WindowsSDK_ExecutablePath_x64=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v10.0A\bin\NETFX 4.6.1 Tools\x64\

WindowsSDK_ExecutablePath_x86=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v10.0A\bin\NETFX 4.6.1 Tools\

The IT people of my company and also the customer technician of ANSYS could not figure out why this is happening.
Please advise.

Thanks,
Ali Nikparto

Continue reading...

Back