pch.h file

• Thread starter Thread starter MyCatAlex
  • Start date Start date
M

MyCatAlex

In my project I have a need to combine MFCaptureD3D project (from github entirely) with another C++ project which I coded 95% myself about 2 years ago. That project, the second one, was done under Ubuntu 14.4 and it is Linux. The MFCaptureD3D is now under Windows 10, Microsoft C++. So, I added the Linux C++ code to MFCaptureD3D project and now they are all a part of one Solution. While compiling I get many strange errors. This one concerns pch.h header file. There is also pch.cpp file in the solution.

I want to say that it was the compiler that added both files when I built the Solution. They contain just a copule of code lines and comments that those files "may be ignored" or something. Still I need an explanation for this compile error:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error C1853 'Debug\Sphere_Perspective.pch' precompiled header file is from a previous version of the compiler, or the precompiled header is C++ and you are using it from C (or vice versa) Sphere_Perspective c:\cplusplus_projects\sphere_perspective\sphere_perspective\sphere_perspective\gauss_legholobor.c 58

I've found a few recommendation on the web how to handle the problem but they do not seem to be applicable since they talk about Properties options which I cannot find in Visual Studio 17.

Thanks, - MyCatAlex

Continue reading...

Back