[VS2019][Xamarin]App deployment fails due to android emulator

• Thread starter Thread starter RobDev
  • Start date Start date
R

RobDev

Greetings All,

I've just installed and updated VS2019 (16.1.0) and am trying out Xamarin Forms. At this point I should tell you that I'm completely new to Xamarin Forms, and Android for that matter, so please forgive my ignorance of them. Anyway, I decided that I would start by creating the app outlined in MS Xamarin docs "Build your first Xaramin.Forms App" (link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/get-started/first-app/?pivots=windows) and having followed all of the instructions I attempted to run/debug the app. The first emulator I tried was the "VisualStudio_android-23_arm_phone(Android 6.0 - API 23)". I then tried the "VisualStudio_android-23_x86_phone(Android 6.0 - API 23)". The app failed to deploy to both of these emulators with exactly the same error as follows:

ADB0060: There is not enough storage space on the device to store package: /data/local/tmp/Mono.Android.DebugRuntime-debug.apk. Free up some space and try again.
at Mono.AndroidTools.Internal.AdbOutputParsing.CheckInstallSuccess(String output, String packageName)
at Mono.AndroidTools.AndroidDevice.<>c__DisplayClass95_0.<InstallPackage>b__0(Task`1 t)
at System.Threading.Tasks.ContinuationTaskFromResultTask`1.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()

Can anyone tell me what's going on here and, more importantly, how I can fix the problem?

Kind regards,

RobDev

Continue reading...

Back