GIT terms and TFS terms do not sync when searching online - late comer to TFS: question

• Thread starter Thread starter krakdcorn
  • Start date Start date
K

krakdcorn

Hi,

I'm attempting to pull the latest code from a 2018 TFS repository. More specifically, my web.config shows a difference between the Net Framework version that is checked into the repository (I have Net Framework 4.6.1 and the repository shows Net Framework 4.7.2). In Git, we "pull". If necessary, we stash, then pull which will overwrite the changes in the local repository. Worst case, delete the entire project and pull it again from the repository. Terms like "Fetch Latest" do not seem to exist in TFS and searching for the answer to something as simple as this, is nearly impossible.

Is there a set of terms that lists both the GIT and associated TFS terms? I haven't used TFS since 2010. There have been many changes. I am bound (project binding) so I receive updates, but it is far more difficult to tell TFS to update the packages and in this case, Net Framework. The system is closed. It does not connect to the internet. The only source is on the TFS server.

How is this task performed in TFS?

(Possibly a tag to update the release notes? Team Foundation Server 2018 Release Notes)

Continue reading...

Back