Error window after debugging: error MSB3073 "There were build errors. Would you like to continue and run the las successful build?"

• Thread starter Thread starter AleHu
  • Start date Start date
A

AleHu

I'm using Visual Studio Community 2017. After making any changes in my Vb.net code I get the window "There were build errors. Would you like to continue and run the last successful build?". I click "No" and I debug again without making any other changes to the code. Then it works just fine. This happens everytime there is a change in my code.

I recently had to reinstall VS2017 and this has been happenning ever since. I'm working with .dll files, and those are the same I was using before reinstalling and they worked just fine. So I know that those are fine.

The error code that i'm getting in the error list is the following:

The command call "%VS110COMNTOOLS%vsvars32" mt.exe - manifest "C:\Work\X_AddIn\X_AddIn\X_AddIn\X_AddIn.X.manifest" -outputsource: "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Inventor2019\Addins\X AddIn.dll";#2 exited with code 9009.

I have searched in my directory for file mt.exe but It wasn't there. So i copied it from a different computer and placed it in what should be the right directory but it still wouldn't work.

I also tried changing the post build event in the project according to a post i found on the web.

After doing that the error changes to:

The command "call "C:\Program Files(x86)\Micosoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Bin\mt.exe" - manifest "C:\Work\X_AddIn\X_AddIn\X_AddIn\PartsList for DrawingView.X.manifest" -outputsource: "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Inventor2019\Addins\X_AddI\X_AddIn.dll";#2" exited with code 31.

together with another error:

Failed to lead and parse the manifest. The system cannot find the file given.

Has anyone experienced this problem before?

Thaks in advance for the help.

Continue reading...

Back