Anyone else having problems with Workbook.ExportAsFixedFormat since the July 2019 updates?

• Thread starter Thread starter Aforsythe
  • Start date Start date
A

Aforsythe

My VB.Net application has been in production for 3 months and working like a charm.

I'm using Office 2013 and Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel version 15. But I did use Nuget to grab 15.0.4795.1000 to see if that would resolve the issue below:

Now, when it emails the PDF exported via the method above, the data is there, but the charts, the images, the column widths and row heights are all missing/defaulted. It looks like font settings such as size and color remain, but even the border outlines are missing from the exported PDF file.

I would like to state that I previously save the Excel file before exporting to PDF and all of the formatting is there and it looks great.

Last successful usage on Windows 10 Development environment running VS2017 community was on July 9th 2019. Next subsequent usage on the same machine failed on July 23rd 2019.

In production, the application ran successfully on July 16th 2019 and failed on July 23rd 2019.

When I say "Failed" there are no exceptions, no error messages, the program works from start to finish exports the PDF and successfully emails the PDF file. The PDF file just has none of the graphics of the workbook I am exporting, just data only, no fancy lines, no images, no charts, etc.

Continue reading...

Back