The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

• Thread starter Thread starter finallyPanda2
  • Start date Start date
F

finallyPanda2

Goodmorning everyone!

I built a simple applications that, when a certain input is received, makes a variable number of POST WebRequests to a specific API endpoint. This has always worked well, until yesterday: my application started throwing the following exception: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

Dim BotID As String = “…”
Dim Token As String = “…”

Dim Users() As String ‘this array was previously properly filled with user IDs

For Each UserID As String In Users
Dim Request As WebRequest = WebRequest.Create(“https://api.chatfuel.com/bots/” & BotID & “/users/" & UserID & "/send?chatfuel_token=” & Token & “&chatfuel_message_tag=EVENT_UPDATE&chatfuel_block_name=AD&msgid=4555”)
Request.Method = “POST”
Request.ContentType = “application/json”

Dim Response As WebResponse = Request.GetResponse()

Using dataStream = Response.GetResponseStream()
Dim Reader As New StreamReader(dataStream)
Dim ResponseBody As String = Reader.ReadToEnd()
Console.Write(ResponseBody)
End Using
Response.Close()
Next

I did not change any code in my application, it just suddenly stopped working. If I try to make other WebRequests (with the same code) pointing to different endpoints, everything works well. This seems to be a problem just with that site. The site however does not have any problem with the certificate: it is valid and they use TLS 1.3 as well as TLS 1.2 (here you can see: SSL Server Test: chatfuel.com (Powered by Qualys SSL Labs) while here you can see the analysis of a site that works with my application: SSL Server Test (Powered by Qualys SSL Labs))

I tried changing the version of the .NET framework. The version 4.7.2 was installed: I tried with both the 4.8 and the 4.7.1versions, but none of them worked.

Please help me!

Continue reading...

Back