Cannot Process argument because the value of argument "password" is null

• Thread starter Thread starter knightshadow72
  • Start date Start date
K

knightshadow72

Hello Guys,

I'm pretty new to c# and powershell, and I'm at a stage where I want to explore the capability of integrating c# and powershell.

So just for testing purposes, basically I have a Test.ps1 script and here is the content:

#AD Credentials
$username = "Admin1"
$encrypted = Get-Content "encrypted_password1.txt" | ConvertTo-SecureString
$creds = New-Object System.Management.Automation.PsCredential($username, $encrypted)

New-ADUser -samAccountName test1 -DisplayName test1 -Credential $creds

the content of my encypted_password1.txt is generated by :

$credential = Get-Credential
$credential.Password | ConvertFrom-SecureString | Set-Content c:\encrypted_password1.txt

and in C# I have a FileSystemWatcher Service that when a new file is created it will execute the Test.ps1 Script :

PowerShell ps = PowerShell.Create();
ps.AddScript("Test1.ps1");
ps.Invoke();

The script did get executed but no User is generated in AD, so I did a debug and there's an error saying :

Inner Exception 1:
MethodInvocationException: Exception calling ".ctor" with "2" argument(s): "Cannot process argument because the value of argument "password" is null. Change the value of argument "password" to a non-null value."

Inner Exception 2:
PSArgumentNullException: Cannot process argument because the value of argument "password" is null. Change the value of argument "password" to a non-null value.

I've searched the internet and looks like people are saying that C# is unable to decrypt the secure string password ? I thought that's powershell's job ? Is there anyway around this ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Continue reading...

Back