Error MSB3644 The reference assemblies for framework ".NETFramework,Version=v4.6.1" were not found.

• Thread starter Thread starter info2m
  • Start date Start date
I

info2m

Hi,

I've a solution which has multiple projects under that solution, when building that solution locally works and when I build through the build server, I'm getting the following error:

Error MSB3644 The reference assemblies for framework ".NETFramework,Version=v4.6.1" were not found. To resolve this, install the SDK or Targeting Pack for this framework version or retarget your application to a version of the framework for which you have the SDK or Targeting Pack installed. Note that assemblies will be resolved from the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) and will be used in place of reference assemblies. Therefore your assembly may not be correctly targeted for the framework you intend.

But the local has .NETFramework v4.6.1 and above .NETFramework v4.7.1, but the build server is missing that .NETFramework v4.6.1 and has .NETFramework v4.6 and .NETFramework v4.7.1.

do I need have the .NETFramework v4.6.1 on the build server in order to fix this build issue or the above .NETFramework v4.7 should be able to work, because csproj has .NETFramework v4.6.1.

Please help me to resolve the build issue.

Thanks,

info2m

Continue reading...

Back