Upgrading VS2013 Project to 2019 - New Computer - "Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider"

• Thread starter Thread starter 6655321
  • Start date Start date

Hello,

I have searched around the internet for a solution to my problem but I have yet to solve it after several hours of debugging.

I have a project that was developed a while back using Visual Studio 2010, Visual FoxPro 9.0, Westwind, and Entity Framework. We then got Visual Studio 2013 which is where the project has been edited ever since and everything is working just fine.

We would like to bring the project up to speed with newer technology. But I am getting an error just by opening the project within a newer version of Visual Studio. But the error is probably due to it being loaded on a different machine I am thinking.

Can anyone help me out?

- - -

Exception: 'The specified store provider cannot be found in the configuration, or is not valid.'

System.ArgumentException: 'The ADO.NET provider with invariant name 'VfpEntityFrameworkProvider' is either not registered in the machine or application config file, or could not be loaded. See the inner exception for details.'

Inner Exception: Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed.

- - -

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed.]
System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactories.GetFactory(String providerInvariantName) +1021875
System.Data.EntityClient.EntityConnection.GetFactory(String providerString) +27

[ArgumentException: The specified store provider cannot be found in the configuration, or is not valid.]
System.Data.EntityClient.EntityConnection.GetFactory(String providerString) +90
System.Data.EntityClient.EntityConnection.ChangeConnectionString(String newConnectionString) +503
System.Data.EntityClient.EntityConnection..ctor(String connectionString) +47
System.Data.Entity.Internal.LazyInternalConnection.InitializeFromConnectionStringSetting(ConnectionStringSettings appConfigConnection) +78
System.Data.Entity.Internal.LazyInternalConnection.TryInitializeFromAppConfig(String name, AppConfig config) +32
System.Data.Entity.Internal.LazyInternalConnection.Initialize() +129
System.Data.Entity.Internal.LazyInternalConnection.CreateObjectContextFromConnectionModel() +13
System.Data.Entity.Internal.LazyInternalContext.InitializeContext() +274
System.Data.Entity.Internal.InternalContext.ForceOSpaceLoadingForKnownEntityTypes() +50
System.Data.Entity.DbContext.System.Data.Entity.Infrastructure.IObjectContextAdapter.get_ObjectContext() +25
Lender.BusinessObjects.VfpEfBusinessObjectBase`2.SetCodepage(TContext context, String codepage) in Q:\visual-studio\Lender.BusinessObjects\VfpEfBusinessObjectBase.cs:112
Lender.BusinessObjects.VfpEfBusinessObjectBase`2.CreateContext() in Q:\visual-studio\Lender.BusinessObjects\VfpEfBusinessObjectBase.cs:104
Lender.BusinessObjects.VfpEfBusinessObjectBase`2..ctor() in Q:\visual-studio\Lender.BusinessObjects\VfpEfBusinessObjectBase.cs:86
Lender.BusinessObjects.LenderBizObj..ctor() +41

Continue reading...

Back