precompiled header file is from a previous version of the compiler

• Thread starter Thread starter loki99
  • Start date Start date
L

loki99

Hi, im fairly new to programming im a 3d artist myself but had to take role of programmer for group project, and im trying to get a game engine running but visual studio is giving me some jip... heres my error when compiling

1>------ Build started: Project: EmptyGameEngineApp, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

1>Compiling...

1>EngineTestApp.cpp

1>c:\documents and settings\jm\desktop\emptygameengineappsrc_dec07\enginetestapp\enginetestapp.cpp(16) : fatal error C1853: 'Debug\EngineTestApp.pch' precompiled header file is from a previous version of the compiler, or the precompiled header is C++ and you are using it from C (or vice versa)

1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\JM\Desktop\EmptyGameEngineAppSrc_Dec07\EngineTestApp\Debug\BuildLog.htm"

1>EmptyGameEngineApp - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

i have tried some solutions on the web but they all seem to suggest changing the options to not use precompiled errors but this then brings up more errors, i was just wondering if anyone new how to resolve this issue without changing the options to not use precompiled errors?

Thanks

Jon

Continue reading...

Back