NuGetPackage 43 errors: Payload contains two or more files with the same destination path

• Thread starter Thread starter o___O
  • Start date Start date
O

o___O

Hello,

I have a strange problem with my UWP app for some time now in Visual Studio (Community, first 2017 or 2018 and now 2019). Debugging the app works fine but almost every time I try to build an app package (store -> create app packages -> Microsoft Store or Sideloading) I get exactly 43 errors saying 'Payload contains two or more files with the same destination path'. All all of them refer to the NuGetPackage (I will list some of them below). I sometimes manage to be able to create an app package after trying lots of times and having cleaned & rebuild the app, deleted previous app packages (from the app packages folder in Windows Explorer), restarted Visual Studio and cleaned the NuGetPackage in the VS settings. It seems kind of random when it works.

Does anyone know what more I could do to prevent these 'payload errors'?

Extra info:
VS community version 2019: 16.3.6
NuGetPackages used: Microsoft.NETCore.UniversalWindowsPlatform (6.2.9) and Microsoft.OneDriveSDK (v1.2).
Architecture: neutral
Device families: Windows.Universal min version 10.0.15063.0 (I want the app to still work on my Windows Phone 10).

Some of the errors:

Payload contains two or more files with the same destination path 'System.Threading.dll'. Source files: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\UWPNuGetPackages\system.threading\4.0.11\lib\netcore50\System.Threading.dllC:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\UWPNuGetPackages\system.threading\4.0.11\runtimes\aot\lib\netcore50\System.Threading.dll

Payload contains two or more files with the same destination path 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.WindowsRuntime.dll'. Source files: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\UWPNuGetPackages\system.runtime.interopservices.windowsruntime\4.0.1\lib\netcore50\System.Runtime.InteropServices.WindowsRuntime.dllC:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\UWPNuGetPackages\system.runtime.interopservices.windowsruntime\4.0.1\runtimes\aot\lib\netcore50\System.Runtime.InteropServices.WindowsRuntime.dll

Payload contains two or more files with the same destination path 'System.Reflection.Primitives.dll'. Source files: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\UWPNuGetPackages\runtime.any.system.reflection.primitives\4.0.1\lib\netcore50\System.Reflection.Primitives.dllC:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\UWPNuGetPackages\runtime.aot.system.reflection.primitives\4.0.0\runtimes\aot\lib\netcore50\System.Reflection.Primitives.dll

Payload contains two or more files with the same destination path 'System.Diagnostics.Tracing.dll'. Source files: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\UWPNuGetPackages\runtime.any.system.diagnostics.tracing\4.1.0\lib\netcore50\System.Diagnostics.Tracing.dllC:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\UWPNuGetPackages\runtime.aot.system.diagnostics.tracing\4.0.20\runtimes\aot\lib\netcore50\System.Diagnostics.Tracing.dll

Continue reading...

Back