I have few questions about VSTS

• Thread starter Thread starter Sudip_inn
  • Start date Start date
S

Sudip_inn

i am new to VSTS and do not find any good forum to place my VSTS related question. so please help with answer for my question.

1) i have created one project to VSTS and i also invited one user say called Ram as a result he can clone that project in his pc and work. so my question is if i create another project in VSTS then how can i give Ram to permission to work with my second project?

2) how could i manage permission as a result my all team member will not be allowed to clone or work with all projects?

i do not want to give all team member to work with all project rather i will add or delete user to project. so i like to know how could i do this permission management from VSTS? please guide me with a link or write up.

3) suppose i have 5 team member who are working on a project. so i want if anyone check in any file then i should get mail which display user name and file names which are checked in. how to configure VSTS like this way ?

4) what is CI/CD? let me share our story how we work. we are small team of 5 developer. we develop a windows application and use clickonce deployment. so our user get update when they open our application. so in this scenario how CI/CD would help us ? should we use CI/CD or not? if yes then how it will be beneficial for our small team? please discuss.

4) at last please mention few good forum where i can ask question about VSTS if i stuck anywhere. stackoverflow is good i know but that forum often give negative mark instead of writing something. very horrible forum. so please mention few best forum for VSTS related questions.

Thanks

Continue reading...

Back