How do you connect two or more forms together in Visual Basic?

• Thread starter Thread starter tinajjj
  • Start date Start date
T

tinajjj

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and very new to visual basic, and my knowledge base and experience with visual basic is very limited. Any help you can give me will be much appreciated! I'm taking a class and working on my final project. For this project I am to create several forms such as a form where the end user would select a general item types to buy such as a shirt of running shoes, on the next form they would choose a specific shirt or running shoe, and the last form would be a totals form where there is to be sales tax added to each item purchased on the previous screens. The following are my issues:

-Should I keep all the forms under one Project with one Solution page i.e. all encompassed under the one overall project design titled something like Running Store Project, if so how can I add an additional forms to an existing project? Or should I start a new Project w/a new Solutions page for each individual form and then link them together in some fashion? I know just a little tiny bit of what I should do when linking the forms together, I believe I need to choose true or false under view in the properties window, but I don't remember where that is on the properties page and don't know if that is actually correct.

-Also, (and this question might be taken care of w/the previous question), how can I get the taxation amount to be coded for each item purchased? Is there a way to link up the controls in one form to the controls in another form? I assume there has to be a way to do this or it wouldn't make any sense, the info labeled in the controls must be able to flow from one form to another or this wouldn't work anywhere.

So, as you can tell I'm pretty lost on this whole thing, and on this assignment my instructor has asked that no one ask him any questions, unfortunately this is the first assignment where it has been necessary to link individual forms together. I have about 3wks to complete this project and am trying to get it started early enough that it won't be too stressful to complete.

Thanks for looking at my question and thanks for your help,
Tina

Continue reading...

Back