How to open Work Item in browser using VS 2019 Team Explorer

• Thread starter Thread starter Rob Nelder
  • Start date Start date
R

Rob Nelder

I have installed Visual Studio 2019 to do some testing on our code base ready for migrating from Visual Studio 2017, I am also testing to ensure it plays nicely with our TFS system (currently TFS 2018 on premises).

It looks as though the Visual Studio Work Item Form is back! (VS 2017 dropped support for this in favour of opening Work Items in a web browser). I've not managed to find any information on this. I like the fact that we might have the option to work with Work Items in the VS IDE as well as the web browser, however its return introduces a few issues:

• We use a custom MultiValue control that does have support for the VS 2019 Team Explorer (it last worked in VS 2015). Do you know where I can get hold of a MultiValue control that will work on the Work Item form in the VS 2019 Team Explorer?

• Given that the MultiValue control isn't working I would like to continue working with Work Items in a browser. The VS 2019 Team Explorer seems to favour opening Work Items within the IDE, how can I open them in a browser from within the VS 2019 Team Explorer? Better still, how can I configure it to open in a browser by default?

Is there a better place for me to ask these questions?

Continue reading...

Back