Huge amounts of exceptions in the VS2019 output window with WPF

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr Yossu
  • Start date Start date
M

Mr Yossu

I am using VS2019 Community Edition with a WPF project, and have noticed a large amount of exceptions in the output window. The code runs fine. I have only noticed these recently.

This seems to happen with any WPF project, so it's not related to any specific code or XAML, but only happens in VS2019. If I run the same project in VS2017 Enterprise, I don't get the exceptions.

I get a lot of the following...

Exception thrown: 'Microsoft.CSharp.RuntimeBinder.RuntimeBinderException' in Microsoft.CSharp.dll
Exception thrown: 'Microsoft.CSharp.RuntimeBinder.RuntimeBinderException' in System.Core.dll
Exception thrown: 'System.DllNotFoundException' in WindowsBase.dll
Exception thrown: 'System.EntryPointNotFoundException' in PresentationCore.dll
Exception thrown: 'System.EntryPointNotFoundException' in WindowsBase.dll
Exception thrown: 'System.InvalidCastException' in PresentationFramework.dll
Exception thrown: 'System.InvalidOperationException' in PresentationFramework.dll
Exception thrown: 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' in mscorlib.dll
Exception thrown: 'System.IO.IOException' in mscorlib.dll
Exception thrown: 'System.PlatformNotSupportedException' in PresentationFramework.dll
Exception thrown: 'System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException' in mscorlib.dll
Exception thrown: 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException' in PresentationFramework.dll
Exception thrown: 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException' in WindowsBase.dll
Exception thrown: 'System.Threading.ThreadAbortException' in Unknown Module.

I can get very large amounts of these, not in any obvious order or pattern.

My exceptions settings are as follows...

1526344.png

I've checked with other developers in my team, and most of them have more settings on than I do, but don't get these messages.

Anyone any ideas why? It makes it very hard to use the output window for what it's supposed to be used for.

Thanks

Continue reading...

Back